GDPR PWT Alarms Limited – Privacy Statement
Visiting our website
Information collection and Use while using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, address, email address and telephone number (“personal information”).
Log data we do not use google analytics or any similar software.
Communications We may use your personal information to contact you should your system be due for service or for accounts queries
Cookies Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.. Like may sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
Security The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security
People using the website “contact us” email
If you use the “contact us” email feature, we will receive an email which contains your email address and any details that you decide to include within the email. It is your decision what personal information to include within the email. We use this information to respond to any questions you ask and we do not share this information with any other party. The email information will be deleted if we do not end up providing services to you.
People using PWT Alarms Limited services
PWT Alarms Limited provides goods and services in the Fire and Security industry. We hold client data to enable us to provide, install, service and maintain our services to you.
On completion of any work for you, we only hold your information to meet any legal requirements or to facilitate any future work for you.
Sharing your personal information
As part of delivering our services to you, we do not share personal information which any other party unless you agree to us passing on your information to:-
1. An Alarm receiving centre who need to hold information about you to carry out their services. These businesses operate within GDPR guidelines and security requirements laid down within the fire and security industry.
2. Certification bodies who may become involved in auditing and certifying your system as part of our external audit process. These businesses operate within GDPR guidelines and security requirements laid down within the Fire and Security Industry
3. Local police authority’s where applicable.
These parties have appropriate privacy policies in place to ensure they will:-
Not share your personal information with any organisations apart from us and they will hold it securely and retain it for only the period required to fulfil contractual obligations.
Discolsure of personal information during the delivery of our services (as described under “sharing your personal information” above), we may disclose your personal information to any competent law enforcemet body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary, for example under the following circumstances:
1. As a matter of applicable law or regulation
2. To exercise, establish or defend our legal rights
3. To protect your vital interests or those of any other person
4. To enforce or apply our terms and conditions
5. To protect PWT Alarms Ltd for the purposes of fraud protection or credit risk
6. To any other person with your consent to the disclosure
Legal Basis for processing personal information
We collect and use personal information from you only where
1. We need the personal information to create contract
2. We have your consent to do so.
3. The processing is in our legitimate interests
4. We have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you
5. We need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person
You have the rights defined in the information commissioners office document entitled “Is my information being handled correctly “
Access to personal information
You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a “subject access request”. If we do hold information about you, we will.
1. Give you a description of it
2. Tell you why we are holding it
3. Tell you who it could be disclosed to
4. Let you have a copy of the information in an understandable format
To make a request for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing to the address provided below. Please address your enquiry to
PWT Alarms Limited
18 Low Mead